doTERRA Chocolate Peppermint Recipe
Servings: 28 – Prep Time: 10 mins – Cook Time: 5 mins – Difficulty: Easy
1½ cup organic coconut oil
¼ cup raw honey
3 drops Peppermint essential oil
1 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 candy cane, crushed
- Whip solid coconut oil, raw honey, and Peppermint essential oil together with hand mixer. The whipped filling should be white and fluffy when complete.
- Refrigerate whipped filling for about five minutes.
- Use a small scoop or measuring spoon to make small mounds of mint filling. Press down with spoon or finger to make a flat shape.
- Place each piece on sheet of parchment paper on top of cookie sheet. Return mints to freezer until ready to coat with chocolate.
- In small saucepan or double boiler, gently melt chocolate chips over low heat.
- Take mints out of freezer. Use fork to dip each piece in melted chocolate. Place on top of cooling rack.
- For holiday fun, sprinkle with crushed candy cane immediately after coating.
- Put chocolates back in freezer to cool until hardened. Serve chocolates immediately or store in refrigerator until you are ready to eat them.
For a Printable version: Click here